Jupiter Industrial Works Thane has established a prime position for itself amongst leading manufacturers of Hose Clips, Clamps and coupling since the year 1963.
Jupiter clamps serve fail-proof joining solutions to various sectors viz. Automotive, Tractors, Diesel Engines, Irrigation, Marine, Chemical, Electrical, Filtration and many others. Since the past five decades, we have been continuously serving reputed OEMs and commercial markets worldwide.
Having rich experience in the industry, Jupiter team take pride in providing varied clamping solutions to suit the needs of its clients.
Main Categories of clamps covered are,
• Worm Drive Clamps • T-Bolt Clamps • V-Band Clamps • Pipe Clips • Muffler Clamps
Additionally, our team had various opportunities to develop special designs for Gas Turbine applications and clamps to suit the US Military Standard. Certain designs developed by us are patented
Our plants are well equipped with advanced machinery for the purposes of development and manufacturing & have its own special processes in-house viz. Trivalent Plating plant & Heat treatment. ETP plant is also in place for waste water recycling. We run our own Design Validation Process (DVP & R) with all necessary testing equipment. It is backed up with skilled employees who take efforts to ensure the quality of the clamps by testing their strength and reliability. Every clamp is passed through several quality checkpoints & is embossed with a batch number for reverse traceability.
In the year 1963, Mr. P.G. Gogate, B.E. Mech., founded the unit originally at Shriwardhan, a village situated in Raigad District, Maharashtra, India. Whilst barely having people in his team, he took relentless efforts in order to establish “Jupiter” in the field of clamping industry. He only believed customer satisfaction to be the ultimate goal.
Gradually, in the year 1972, a new branch unit was started in Thane, Maharashtra for manufacturing specialised clamps which required high technology.
The year 1986 saw the conversion of this unit into a partnership firm by introducing his son Mr. Mahendra P. Gogate as a Partner thereby giving a new identity to the organization by the name of “Jupiter Industrial Works Thane”. By following the same path and keeping updated with latest technology & market trends, this unit is progressing by leaps and bounds. Jupiter team is continuously achieving new goals with core values of Quality, Integrity & timely response under his leadership.
In early 2000, we achieved QMS ISO: 9001:2000 certification which was upgraded to ISO/TS 16949:2009 and now upgraded to IATF 16949:2016.
Jupiter team is now aiming for global growth, drawing strengths from its existing product and plant synergies and adding new product lines, new plants and expanding manufacturing capacities. To steer ahead, new methods and tools like Lean manufacturing, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, MRP II are being implemented.
• 1963 Established parent unit at Shriwardhan
• 1967 Supplies started to Kirloskar Cummins Ltd. which is now known as Cummins India Ltd
• 1972 New branch outgrown in Thane, Maharashtra
• 1986 Partnership firm established with new identity “Jupiter Industrial Works Thane”
• 1988 Acquired land at Paud, Near Pune, Maharashtra
• 1992 Patent acquired for Duplex Power press.
• 1997 Export market tapped.
• 2000 Acquired ISO 9001:1994 QMS certification
• 2003 Upgraded QMS to ISO 9001:2000
• 2006 Acquired Patent for Cosnt. Pressure Worm Drive Clamp
• 2009 QMS upgraded to ISO 9001:2008 certifications
• 2011 Direct export started to Cummins USA plants
• 2012 QMS upgraded to ISO /TS 16949:2009
• 2014 Acquired new land in Rabale
• 2016 Hired new plant in Rabale
• 2017 Shifted to own plant in Rabale
• 2018 QMS upgraded to IATF 16949:2016
Our Quality Policy is the adherence to the process of ongoing continual improvements, by involving our product, process, service providers and employees, to strive for growing excellence in all areas of techno-commercial applications and operations and to achieve expectations of interested parties by taking into consideration risk and opportunities defined in Quality Management System
Environment Management Policy
We at Jupiter Industrial Works Thane involved in Design, manufacture and supply of Clips, Clamps and Couplings for automotive and engineering applications commit ourselves to involve interested parties and allocate necessary resources, to,
• Work towards protection of environment, its conservation.
• Work towards safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work related injuries and ill health.
• Promote and practice continual improvements in EHS management system by prevention of pollution, eliminate production of hazardous and OH&S risks and minimizing wastages in natural resources by utilizing efficient, effective production technologies.
• Protect biodiversity and eco-system by preserving nature, its resources and greenery around us by proper disposal of our pollutants and wastes.
• Ensure that our organization shall comply with all legal and other statutory requirements.
• Achieve this by adopting processes and practices in relation with Context of Organization, which are compatible with quality, environment, health and safety.
To be recognized as most trusted leader providing high quality joining solutions
• End-customer’s satisfaction is PRIME for us.
• We focus on user’s specific application requirements, strive for perfection & provide reliable quality fail-proof joining solutions.
• With core values of consistent quality, integrity & timely response we add values to the end-products.
• Through continuous improvement, we endeavour for individual excellence
• Ultimately establish a refreshing and innovative company through the teamwork of our employees, suppliers & service providers
IATF : 16949:2016 certified
Our Rabale plant is now ISO 14001: 2015 Certified
Corporate social responsibility
Jupiter team has created job opportunities for local residents in deep rural areas viz. Shriwardhan (Raigad Dist.), Paud (Pune Dist). It has also bagged diversity award from customers for employing major women workforce in almost all business areas.
In view of giving back to the society, Jupiter team is engaged in social work through a trust by name “Laxmibai Gogate Pratishtan”, established in 2002.